Amenities and Activities during the Winter Months!
- Aurora Conservatory: Enjoy our newly constructed 20’x 20′ building boasting three glass walls and a slated glass ceiling. The Aurora Conservatory faces north towards our beautiful Chena River and offers fantastic winter views and a front-seat to the aurora in optimal viewing conditions! Completely heated, completely panoramic, and completely free to our guests!
- Aurora Riverfront Deck and Fire Pit: Our natural gas fire pit on our Aurora Riverfront Deck offers a wonderful bit of warmth and a beautiful backdrop as you wait for the Aurora to appear! Laugh and meet other guests from around the world as you tell the tale of your own Alaskan Adventure over a roasted marshmallow (or two, or three, or four…).
- Winter Bocce Ball: That’s right! Bocce ball is not dedicated to summer anymore! Get out and enjoy our newly available winter-style Bocce Ball court– featuring groomed pathways and court, as well as light-up Bocce Balls to enjoy those long winter nights!
And don’t forget…
- Free Cookies and Coffee at Check-in
- Free Continental Breakfast: Buffet service offered daily from 6am-10am
- Free Ice Cream Token: Redeem for one free scoop of ice cream during our ice cream social every evening from 6pm-8pm.
- Northern Lights Wake-Up Call: If the lights are out, we will give your room a call to wake you! Just let the Front Desk staff know!
** *** **
Year-Round Activities for Your Enjoyment!
- Empress Theater: Enjoy an aurora themed film in our plush 14-seat theater!
- 1000-Book Alaskan Library: Take a moment to browse our warm and rich collection of Alaskan literature– widespread topics include aurora, native culture, history, gold rush, and fiction inspired by the last frontier!
- Jay Bird’s Short Cue and (Slightly) Crooked Billiards Speakeasy: Explore a ‘secret’ room with a classic speakeasy feel. Relax and shoot a fun game of pool with our short cues!
- Aromatherapy Steam Room & Dry Sauna: (CURRENTLY UNDER RENOVATION– a new & improved deluxe steam room & dry sauna will be available April 2020).
- Museum Quality Art Collection: Discover our uniquely Alaskan art collection throughout the hotel!