Amenities and Activities during the Summer Months!
- Midnight Sun Solarium: Take a mindful moment in our Midnight Sun Solarium– perhaps some early morning yoga, or just relaxing through a short Alaskan summer rain shower!
- Lucky Ducks: Each year, we host live ducks in our Lucky Duck Hotel on our grounds. Be sure to say hello and enjoy watching them splash around!
- Fire Pits and Scenic Decks: We are lucky to have seven natural gas fire pits here at Pike’s Waterfront Lodge, each offering a unique relaxing view and setting.
- Forget-Me-Not Gardens: Every year, our grounds explode with color and vivacity as thousands of perennial flowers burst into life! Be sure to create a special moment and take a stroll through our gardens.
- “Mini” Mini-Golf & The Chena Drive: Golfing is a popular past-time here in Alaska, especially under the Midnight Sun. You can choose from our 3-hole “mini” mini-golf course, or take your chance with our Hole-in-One Drive across the Chena River. Can you sink a hole-in-one at the iconic Love Alaska Sign?
- Rock Throwing: As a fun and free activity, we have a stock supply of the best possible rocks for throwing into the Chena River!
- Interpretive Sign Walking Tour: Enjoy a walking tour of well-known, little-known, and notorious Gold Rush Era pioneers of Fairbanks!
And don’t forget…
- Full and Continental Breakfast: Buffet service offered daily from 6am-10am, for additional fee.
- Free Ice Cream Token for Alaskan Residents: Redeem for one free scoop of ice cream during our ice cream social every evening!
** *** **
Year-Round Activities for Your Enjoyment!
- Empress Theater: Enjoy an aurora themed film in our plush 14-seat theater!
- 1000-Book Alaskan Library: Take a moment to browse our warm and rich collection of Alaskan literature– widespread topics include aurora, native culture, history, gold rush, and fiction inspired by the last frontier!
- Jay Bird’s Short Cue and (Slightly) Crooked Billiards Speakeasy: Explore a ‘secret’ room with a classic speakeasy feel. Relax and shoot a fun game of pool with our short cues!
- Aromatherapy Steam Room & Dry Sauna: (CURRENTLY UNDER RENOVATION– a new & improved deluxe steam room & dry sauna will be available July 2020).
- Museum Quality Art Collection: Discover our uniquely Alaskan art collection throughout the hotel!